Y7 Flu Vaccinations
Annual Childhood Flu Immunisation Programme for Year 7
Wednesday 7 October 2020 (9.30am – 2.30pm)
The school-based nasal flu immunisation programme helps protect your child against flu. Flu can be a dangerous illness and can cause serious complications. Your child is entitled to the vaccination for free, from the NHS, in school.
By Sunday 20 September, please give your consent online or decline the invitation by clicking on the link below which will take you to the Cambridgeshire Community NHS website portal: https://tinyurl.com/y2y3tn4z
The school nursing team plan to be in school on Wednesday 7 October between 9.30am and 2.30pm to administer the vaccine. (This is week 1 of timetables). The online consent portal will close on Sunday 20 September 2020.
The school nursing team have asked us to ensure that students state their full name and their date of birth. Between 9.30am and 2.30pm, Year 7 classes will be collected from their classroom by a member of the Pastoral Team and taken to the main hall. Afterwards they will return to class.
Further information is available online as follows:
- If your child has asthma, please read this Important Medical Information:https://tinyurl.com/y24qtqoa
- If your child usually receives the injectable vaccine for medical reasons, please contact us.The vaccine contains gelatine: https://tinyurl.com/y3jtjyc6
- Support in submitting consent/declining consent: https://vimeo.com/341806601
- NHS Children’s Flu Vaccine: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/child-flu-vaccine/
- Pharmaceutical Information: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/3296
- Child Flu Film: https://vimeo.com/341343449
Your consent to the immunisation will be valid for the period of the NHS flu programme. If your child receives the vaccine elsewhere, or you withdraw your consent, please contact the school nursing team direct. If your child is absent on the day, you will be able to contact the nursing team to make a clinic appointment.
If your child cannot have the nasal flu vaccination, please telephone the nursing team on the number below. If you require further advice or information, please contact the School Immunisation Team direct.
Emailed to Y7 parents 15/09/20 on behalf of
School Immunisation Team
Children's and Young People's Health Services Sudbury House
Dencora Business Centre
36 White House Road
Ipswich IP1 5LU
Tel: 0300 555 5055 option 3